At Mighty Yoga we are passionate about yoga, but we are even more passionate about our people. It is our community of teachers, staff, and students that make Mighty Yoga unique. Love yoga and all things Mighty? Are you interested in spreading joy? We would love to hear from you!
Mighty Yoga is looking for a proficient and enthusiastic media-savvy professional to join our Social Media Team. This person will enhance the studio's brand and expand our community through our online newsletters: managing everything from planning to execution and follow-up. We want help sharing our Mighty message in an engaging way through captivating newsletters with compelling writing & eye-catching imagery that represents our mission to celebrate and integrate joy & yoga into our lives. Familiarity with email marketing software and current social media platforms a PLUS!
Weekly commitment starts 2-3 hours/week
- Mighty Newsletter: Craft compelling copy and content for studio e-newsletters. Stay up-to-date with studio events as well as current events that engage our community in Ithaca and beyond. Ensure messages represent Mighty Yoga’s vision. Work with Mighty staff to obtain appropriate photos and content when needed.
- Newsletter Calendar – Work primarily with the Studio Manager to coordinate marketing timelines around classes and events.
- Conceptualize, design, and manage content for newsletters using Constant Contact software.
- Develop engaging content and manage the calendar for general marketing newsblasts.
- Collaborate with the Mighty Social Media team to increase member attention and participation through compelling marketing initiatives that will grow Mighty fan base and followers across our social media platforms and in the studio.
- Provide regular analysis on social media performance—what worked, what didn't, suggestions for short/long-term planning.
- Report to and work with the Studio Manager on these tasks.
- Familiarity with yoga industry, Ithaca & Mighty Yoga community
- Solid project/time management, communication, problem-solving and organization skills
- Familiarity with email marketing software (i.e. Constant Contact)
- Excellent writing/editing & copyediting skills; Must be able to develop content with our Mighty voice.
- Consumer marketing or social media experience driving exceptional brand engagement a plus
- Search Engine/Experience Optimization skills and Mobile-Friendly awareness a plus
- Knowledgeable about current best practices for content strategy, branding, consumer trends.